Payments and Refunds PolicY
- Processing of the file will begin once the deposit has been received.
- Applications will be cancelled should the deposit not be received by the due date on the invoice.
- Confirmation of the program and details of the host family, and other program details will be provided to the Visitor and Agent (when applicable), following receipt of payment as per the terms listed on the invoice.
- Failure to make payment as per the terms of the invoice may result in disqualification from the program and termination of the application. Cancellation fees may apply.
- The final balance is due 60 days prior to the student’s arrival.
- There is a cancellation fee of $200 applied to all refunds.
All fees on the invoice are unconditional and non-refundable, except under the following terms:
- A refund of a portion ($250) of the non-refundable placement fees and a full refund of the homestay fees will be granted if Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not issue the Study Permit or Visitors Visa. To obtain a refund, please provide the letter of rejection from Citizenship and Immigration Canada along with a request for refund to the representative processing your application at MLI Homestay.
- Cancellation up to 60 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees)
- Cancellation from 59 to 30 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less 2 months of accommodation fees plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
- Cancellation from 7 – 29 days prior to arrival will be granted a refund, less 3 months of accommodation fees plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
- Cancellation from 0 -6 days prior to arrival – All fees are non-refundable.
- In the event of being required to leave the program because of failure to obey program rules, a breach of law, policy or regulation determined by MLI Homestay, the governing legal authorities, and the school/school board (if applicable) no refund is provided.
- Long-term participants who have pre-booked and pre-paid a long-term stay (more than 8 weeks) and decide to cancel MLI Homestay services after arrival are required to give a 2-month notice period. The request must be made in writing. The first semester is non-refundable plus the non-refundable Service Fees (Placement and Custodian fees).
- Short-term participants (8 weeks or less) who decide to cancel MLI Homestay services after arrival are not eligible for any refunds.
- In the case of extenuating circumstances or medical issues that result in cancellation of all or part of the reserved MLI Homestay services, supporting documentation from a medical professional or other authoritative body will be requested at the time of refund request.
- All refund requests will be reviewed. Refunds will be made on a case by case basis.
- Relocation to a new host family will result in a relocation service fee charged to the participant