Becoming a Host Family
Guests are looking forward to experiencing life in Canada and being welcomed into their home away from home. During their stay, host families are asked to provide
- A warm, caring environment
- An English only (for ESL students) or French only (for FSL students) environment
- A comfortable private bedroom (some groups will permit 2 students from the same program to stay in the same room if 2 beds are available)
- 3 nutritious meals a day and healthy snacks
- Support and guidance for the student as they get used to the community
- Access to a washroom and laundry facilities
- An invitation to join in the family life and daily activities
Your family will be able to participate in an unforgettable experience by becoming a host family. You will be able to
- “Travel” without leaving home! Learning about your guest’s culture, customs, language and foods.
- Make a difference in the life of someone who will remember your kindness forever.
- Create a network of friends and new “family members” across the world. Some of our favourite stories are of host families going to visit their guests in their home countries.
- Teach your children about respect, empathy, and cultural understanding as they accept host brothers and sisters into their home and daily life