Be a Homestay!
Your family will be able to participate in an unforgettable experience by becoming a host family. You will be able to
- “Travel” without leaving home! Learning about your guest’s culture, customs, language and foods.
- Make a difference in the life of someone who will remember your kindness forever.
- Create a network of friends and new “family members” across the world. Some of our favourite stories are of host families going to visit their guests in their home countries
- Teach your children about cultural understanding, respect and empathy as they accept host brothers and sisters into their home and daily life
International guests are looking forward to experiencing life in Canada and being welcomed into your home. During their stay, host families are asked to provide:
- A warm, caring environment
- An English only (for ESL students) or French only (for FSL students) environment
- A comfortable private bedroom. In some cases 2 students from the same program will be allowed to stay in the same room if 2 beds are available
- 3 nutritious meals a day and healthy snacks
- Support and guidance for the student as they get used to the community
- Access to a washroom and laundry facilities
- An invitation to join in the family life and daily activities